What is DegrowthPediabeta?
DegrowthPediabeta is a collaborative network for information and education about degrowth.
What Is the Role of DegrowthPediabeta in this Debate?
- The idea of degrowth for ecological sustainability and social equity is spreading in Europe. Many movements, associations, groups, institutes, networks support degrowth and develop research, voluntary simplicity, projects, economic theories, civil action, political parties, editions, and communications on related themes. However, there is a need for new types of cooperative transformations especially in the English language space.
- The purpose of DegrowthPediabeta is to provide information as accurate and comprehensible as possible in order to explain to anyone what the notion of degrowth is and what it implies. The strength of this website is that it is based on a collaborative basis and will allow any one to contribute and to benefit from the other contributions.
- For now, DegrowthPediabeta has been released only in a beta version which means that the website is still under development. Therefore, only a small group of people has been selected in order to take part of the project. The goal is to create the first contributions for the content before the release of the official version. It is also the time of providing any comments or suggestions for the website organization itself.
What Is the Editorial Approach of DegrowthPediabeta?
- Each article in DegrowthPediabeta will consider the following approach:
- The objective is to write short articles that explain how the paradigm for economic growth cannot lead to ecological sustainability and social equity. For each of them, a three-step process will be followed: "Renounce, Redesign, Rebuild", as Bob Thomson suggests. These key words are interesting in the sense that various aspects of the current socio-economic system require to criticize (Renounce), rethink (Redesign), and suggest some case studies (Rebuild) as examples of the good practice.
- The Validation committee will be is in charge of reviewing articles in order to ensure the quality of the DegrowthPediabeta's contents. The Validation committee accounts for the participation of specialists who have significant expertise in the field(s) involved in articles. Although it has not been created yet, some specialists have already expressed their interest for taking part of that group.
How Can I Contribute to DegrowthPediabeta?
If you are interested in getting involved into the collaborative network, please do not hesitate to contribute in DegrowthPedia by editing any articles that needs help or by creating new ones.
Browse either the short pages or the wanted pages and see if you can add some information and let the community to benefit from your contribution.
Be sure to search first to make sure that an article has not already been written. You are welcome to edit any existing page you find on the site. If you need help, please visit the Editing page.
- Any user can contribute by writing articles related to the degrowth, and that way taking part of the collaborative information network. To provide information accurate and well referenced, two principles will be followed:
- any user shall be registered before contributing to the website,
- all the articles shall be reviewed and approved by the Validation committee.
- If you are interested in making a contribution, you could either:
- review the list of articles which need to be written by visiting the short pages and the wanted pages, or
- create a new article you would like to be published on DegrowthPediabeta.
Thank you for your contribution to the collaborative network for information and education about degrowth!
Want to join the collaborative network?
In order to preserve the quality of the information we provide here, you will need to be registered to edit or create an article on DegrowthPedia. Thus, you will become officially a member of the collaborative network of DegrowthPedia. If you are interested, you could also ask for becoming a member of the Validation committee.
To register, click on User login in the upper right corner of most pages.
Can I help make DegrowthPedia in my language?
Obviously! Although it has been launched as an information platform in English language, DegrowthPedia does not intend to be exclusively for English speakers only. Feel free to translate and/or create any page in your own language.
What software does DegrowthPedia use?
DegrowthPedia is powered by the MediaWiki Software, originally for use on Wikipedia.
How can I contact DegrowthPedia?
If you wish to contact us, simply send an email to contact(at)degrowthpedia.org. Thank you!